How long does a fully charged card last?
Depending on usage, you can expect a fully charged card to last approximately 4 to 5 months.
How long does it take to charge the card?
The card takes approximately 1 hour to charge. When the card is fully charged the blue light will go off.
How do I know if my card needs recharging?
When the battery is getting low, the Safedome app will send you an alert.
If you can’t recharge your card immediately, you will receive a second alert about a month later.
How do I recharge my card?
Position the card on the charger as shown in the diagram below. The card will start charging when the blue light comes on.
When the card is fully charged the blue light will go off. The card takes approximately 1 hour to charge.
Why isn’t the charge light coming on?
- Check the charger is plugged into a USB port that is active.
- The blue light will not come on if the card is charged.
- The card must be positioned on the charger correctly, otherwise it will not charge. Try repositioning the card, see diagram above.
How do I know if I have a Safedome Recharge card?
You will have received a wireless charger with your card (the Classic card does not have rechargable batteries).
Does the Safedome wireless charger work with Phones and smart devices?
You can charge phones like the iPhone 8, iPhone X, Galaxy S 7,8 & 9 and Google Pixel using the included wireles charger.
The Safedome Recharge card can also be charged using third-party Qi campatible wireless chargers.
Connecting to your card
Why won’t the card connect to the app?
Follow the card setup instructions and make sure the card and the phone are close to one another. If you are still having problems, try the following:
- Switch Bluetooth OFF for 10 seconds (via your phones settings) and switch ON again. This will reset Bluetooth. Try connecting again.
- Turn the power on your phone completely OFF and ON.
Try connecting again.
- Firmly press the button on the card. If the LED light is working, try connecting again. If there is no LED light, make sure your Safedome Recharge card is charged.
- Tried all of the above and still having trouble? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you out.
There was an interruption when the card was connecting to my phone
Try connecting the card again. Follow the card setup instructions and make sure the card and the phone are close to one another.
If you are still having trouble, contact us at email@example.com and we’ll help you out.
How do I know Safedome is working correctly?
Try the following steps:
- Open the Safedome app.
- Walk away until the Bluetooth connection is lost.
- A timer will start. At then end of the timer, the disconnection alert will appear.
What is the distance before the card disconnects?
The Bluetooth range is dependant on a number of factors.
- Safedome Classic: Our Classic card uses Bluetooth 4 and has an outdoor range of approximately 50 meters (164 feet), this reduces to approximately 10-25 metres (32-82 feet) indoors due to interference from walls, other devices, large objects or even people.
- Safedome Recharge: Our new Recharge card uses Bluetooth 5 and has double the range at approx 100 meters (328 feet) outdoors and also performs better indoors.
Why do I keep getting false alerts?
- Location: Our testing shows that the Safedome card works in most wallets and purses. If you keep getting incorrect alerts, try repositioning the card in your wallet or purse.
- Radio interference: Occasionally buildings or certain objects can affect the Bluetooth connection and cause some false alerts.
- RFID: Make sure you don't use the card in an RFID blocking wallet, this will block the Bluetooth signal. If you have a metal credit card in your wallet, this may also block the signal.
- Flat battery: Our Safedome Classic card has an average battery life of 12 months. If you do not see a light on your card when you firmly press and hold the button, you need to order a new card.
Why can't I hear the alert?
- Turn on Disconnect Alerts from the Settings screen.
- Turn the volume up on your phone and turn off the Silent switch (iOS).
How do I receive alerts, even if on silent?
iPhone: Go into the apps Settings > Audio Alerts, then turn ON “Alerts on silent”.
Android: Go into the apps Settings > Edit Safedome alerts, turn ON “Disconnect Alerts” and then turn ON "Ignore phone's settings".
Alerts will then play regardless of the silent switch setting.
How do I change the alert sound?
Go into the apps Settings > Audio Alerts, then choose the Alert Sound you prefer. There are six to choose from.
What is the smallest Alert Free Zone I can set?
30 meters (99 feet). This takes into account some inaccuracies with GPS indoors. We recommend setting Alert Free Zones to 50 metres (164 feet) or more. This will help with locations that have poor GPS.
What do I do if I accidentally spill water on the card?
The card is sealed and water resistant. Wipe it down with a dry cloth and check it is still working by firmly pressing the button on the card. The LED should come on.
How do I turn the card off or on?
Once connected, your card is always on and usually doesn’t need to be turned off. However, if you want or need to switch the card off, follow these steps:
- Turn OFF: Go to the apps Settings and tap “Turn Safedome off”.
- Turn ON: Firmly press and hold down the button on the card until the light flashes.
How do I replace the battery?
For both Safedome Classic and Recharge, the battery is sealed inside the dust and water-resistant card.
- Safedome Classic: The battery lasts one year or more and doesn’t need to be recharged or changed.
- Safedome Recharge: The battery is rechargeable and will last for up to three months depending on buzzer usage.
What happens if my card is faulty or I lose or damage it?
Don't worry. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you out.
What phones do you support?
- We support the iPhone 4S through to iPhone X.
- Your phone must be running iOS 9 onwards.
- We recommend the latest iOS. Early versions have had Bluetooth issues.
- We also support the iPad Mini and iPad 3rd generation and above, although the application is optimised for phones.
- We support devices supporting Bluetooth LE running Lollipop 5, through to the Oreo 8 and above.
- Please upgrade to the latest for the best Bluetooth and Safedome experience.
Does the app drain my phone battery?
The Safedome card uses Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) and uses minimal battery power, approximately between 1% and 3% under normal conditions. This is less than many other apps on your phone.
- iOS: Go to phones Settings > Battery and look up Safedome on your app list. For a more accurate reading we recommend selecting "Last 7 Days" tab and checking it a week after first using Safedome.
- Android: Go to Settings > apps and select the Safedome app.
Does the app send any location data to any servers?
Safedome uses Google Maps to display your items location and provide directions if they go missing. The app doesn't collect or share your location data with any servers.
What happens if I get a new phone?
Unlink your card from the old phone and relink it to your new one. To unlink go to the apps Settings.
Travel and on a plane
Will my Safedome card work overseas?
Yes, Safedome works everywhere. The app needs Bluetooth turned on and an internet connection, such as WiFi or mobile data. If you don't have internet, basic alarming will still work, however you will not see the map.
Can I safely take my card on a plane?
Yes, Safedome uses low energy Bluetooth (LE), which most airlines allow ON when flying. If you are asked to put the card in flight mode, go to the app Settings and tap "Turn card off".
Upon arrival, turn the card back on by firmly pressing and holding the button until the light flashes.
If your have any other questions about Safedome please email us at email@example.com